Monday, October 18, 2010

50 famous poems

Phenomenal WomanMaya Angelou
2Where the Sidewalk EndsShel Silverstein
3If You Forget MePablo Neruda
4I carry your heart with meE. E. Cummings
5The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
6A Dream Within A DreamEdgar Allan Poe
7There is another skyEmily Dickinson
8Life Is FineLangston Hughes
9A GirlEzra Pound
10Messy RoomShel Silverstein
11To My Wife - With A Copy Of My PoemsOscar Wilde
12Still I RiseMaya Angelou
13Let America Be America AgainLangston Hughes
14To YouWalt Whitman
15Stopping by Woods on a Snowy EveningRobert Frost
16I Wandered Lonely as a CloudWilliam Wordsworth
17The New Poetry HandbookMark Strand
18Funeral BluesW. H. Auden
19Touched by An AngelMaya Angelou
20The RavenEdgar Allan Poe
21Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good NightDylan Thomas
22A Word to HusbandsOgden Nash
23Bear In ThereShel Silverstein
24If those I loved were lostEmily Dickinson
25RomanceEdgar Allan Poe
26Seeker Of TruthE. E. Cummings
27I Taught Myself To Live SimplyAnna Akhmatova
28Walking AroundPablo Neruda
29DiggingSeamus Heaney
30Brown PennyWilliam Butler Yeats
31The Broken HeartWilliam Barnes
32A Birthday PoemTed Kooser
33The MotherGwendolyn Brooks
34A LifeSylvia Plath
35As Soon as Fred Gets Out of BedJack Prelutsky
36I'm not YoursSara Teasdale
37And The Moon And The Stars And The WorldCharles Bukowski
38AmericaAllen Ginsberg
39Those Winter Sundays Robert Hayden
40All the World's a StageWilliam Shakespeare
41A Poison TreeWilliam Blake
42DaddySylvia Plath
43Be Glad Your Nose is on Your FaceJack Prelutsky
44O Captain! My Captain!Walt Whitman
45A Red, Red RoseRobert Burns
46I know why the caged bird singsMaya Angelou
47Fast rode the knightStephen Crane
48HappinessRaymond Carver
49A Pretty a DayE. E. Cummings
50Dream DeferredLangston Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment